I hope your first week has been great or at least ok.
This past Tuesday we gathered in Newport Beach A. We had several fun activities. Some of us learned about cars, others about fruits, heck we even learned about some tasty beverages.
- Come join the committee that plans our annual drag show. If you saw something problematic in last year's show that you would like to change we encourage you to join. Ideas are welcomed. Meetings will be every Wednesday at 7PM in SST 220.
- Isabel Bogarin needs volunteers for a photography project in which she will be focusing on the LGBTQIA community, along with labels and identity. She will be taking 3 portraits of each person. Each image will be submitted to Catalyst Gallery so she can host her first solo gallery showing. She needs at least 13 volunteers. If interested please contact her. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Delta Lambda Phi has begun recruiting. DLP is a greek fraternity for gay, bisexual and progressive men. They have events going on throughout this week and week 2. To find out more about their events, head on over to their facebook (Delta Lambda Phi)
- Elections for ASUCI are around the corner. Tonight we had the pleasure of having the following candidates speak to us regarding their campaign: Traci Ishigo for President, Andrea Gaspar for Executive Vice President, Jessica Phan for Vice President of Student Services and, Neil Bautista for Vice President of Academic Affairs. Found below are links to the tumblr (that I was able to find) and their candidate info.
- Irvine Queers will also be having elections soon! Nominations will be Week 3 and elections will be Week 4. The board positions available are as follows: Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Publicity, and Historian. Other positions such as Fundraising, Outreach and Political Chair are positions which you apply for. We encourage anybody who has enthusiasm for a certain positions to apply or nominate themselves BUT keep in mind that it will be a year long commitment!
- FUNDRAISING!!! If you are interested in helping plan fundraising along with tabling and coming up with fundraisers please contact me. An easy way to help IQ is by using Goodsearch. Instead of using Goodsearch or other search engines go to Goodsearch.com for your "internet inquiries." :) We get money! Just remember to include Irvine Queers under WHO DO YOU GOODSEARCH FOR. (email@example.com)
Last but definitely not least, IQ will be having its quarterly bonfire this FRIDAY!!!!!! Join us at Corona del Mar on Friday, April 6th at 6:00PM. If you need a ride meet at the flagpoles at 5:30. Snacks and drinks will be provided :)
Fundraising and Publicity Chair