Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Why Hello There 1/30 Update

Hello folks!
January has now come to an end. So sad right? But don't worry! I.Q has plenty of amazing events planned for you and I should know. I'm part of board. >_<

Firstly of all I would love to send a great big thank you to all those who helped last week in the Float Fundraiser. I greatly appreciate it.


Yes, I'm a dork. Anywhoooo..
Last week during the I.Q meeting we discussed the budget cuts in great detail, well as detailed as we could get within an hour. There weren't as many members BUT it did allow for an intimate discussion of such a serious matter. Several voices were heard :]

AND NOW FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENTS :D

  • QUAC a queer/trans (maga)zine at UCI is still looking for submissions! You still got time to submit something great! Also, the editors are graduating this year so they are looking for someone to continue the project for next year. If interested in submitting a piece and/or becoming an editor contact Cameron.
All issues are available online on their tumble --> QUAC
Contact info: Cameron  cjoe@uci.edu
Submission info: QUAC Call For Submissions #4

  • Western Regionals are coming up! Don't know what that is? Neither do I! Never been? Neither have I! Am I applying? You betcha! It's a statewide queer conference held every year. There will be speakers and info sessions. As board members said in the last meeting, it is a great experience and you make great connections. Applications are due on the 8th of this month! You got until next Wednesday to apply so chop chop!.
Apply! --> Western Regionals Application

  • TAG TEAM is back! TAG TEAM is the Transgender Alliance Group to Educate and Motivate. Their goal is to spread awareness and implement actions on campus "to improve the experience of transgender, gender variant, and gender nonconforming individuals." Meetings are held every other week or odd weeks at the LGBT Resource Center at 6PM. Check out their facebook.
Facebook --> TAG TEAM

  •  Even though the fundraiser is over, I.Q still needs help! If you'd like to volunteer for events, fundraising, and/or making posters then please contact me. Email me and let me know what you'd be interested in helping out with :]
Contact me! annieyaya92@gmail.com

  • Would you like an I.Q Sweatshirt?! I bet you would. Well in case you are interested, I.Q is going to be selling sweatshirts for $25. They will be black zip-up hoodies that will have Qu Person on the top corner. If you'd like to purchase one give me, Amanda or anybody at the front desk of the LGBT Resource Center the 25 dollars followed by your sweatshirt size. We need this money ASAP! Checks are accepted, just make them payable to Amanda Woo.
  • There are plenty of ways to support I.Q. If you like tacos and beers and just food in general then there's a perfect event coming up just for YOU. This Friday, Tacos N' Co will be doing an event with I.Q. All you have to do is show up to Tacos N' Co and show them a flyer which I will handout at the next meeting and 30% of the money will be donated to Irvine Queers! Now, want to help I.Q without volunteering or attending a fundraiser ? Easy peasy. Irvine Queers has a Goodsearch account. Goodsearch is search engine that that donates money to a cause for every search made. So just go to goodsearch and type in Irvine Queers in Who DO You Goodsearch For, click verify and each time you search anything a few cents will go to Irvine Queers. :]
Goodsearch I.Q -->Goodsearch 
Tacos N' Co-->  Taco Fundraiser 
Here is the flyer!


Well that's all folks. See you at the next meeting!
-Anaiz
 Fundraising Chair




No comments:

Post a Comment